Monday 6 February 2012

Ben takes home the Wates Cup

Ben WilloxBen Willox, 24, of East Molesey, received the Wates Cup as the overall winning Diploma student after excelling on his NVQ Level 2 carpentry course. Ben works for contractors at his local council. He did 2nd fix and maintenance repairs with other students for his first year apprenticeship but as his confidence grew he decided to work on his own in his second year. He enjoys fitting external doors and frames as he can see the job from start to finish.

Ben has performed to a very high standard when working both at college and at work. He is self motivated and is always keen to learn a new activity. He concentrates on the work he has been asked to undertake and puts 110% into the activity. Before he starts work he looks at the task and asks relevant questions so he fully understands what he has to do. The standard of work he produces is of good quality and in good time. He completed his technical certificate one month before the rest of his class and six week before the end of his programme. He was the first in this year to hand in his complete NVQ portfolio.
Ben on his apprenticeship said: “Having my little girl three years ago made me feel a stronger sense of responsibility, I had to make her proud by getting some qualifications. I’m over the moon about the award and it has made me want to keep on learning. My tutors have inspired me and I’m hoping to teach at a college myself in the future.”

No comments:

Post a Comment