Tuesday, 17 September 2013
Wednesday, 11 September 2013
Surrey County Council Leader, David Hodge, said: "Apprenticeships are good for business and a successful career. Our aim by next April is to give 500 young people the leg up they need to find work at a difficult time and provide employers with the skilled workforce they require to thrive."
Monday, 9 September 2013
Their feedback from the scheme has been compiled, and, 80% of the participants that responded found it helpful to have a mentor and 94% would recommend having a mentor to other students.
When asked what the best thing about having a mentor was, responses were:
• It’s someone to talk to and it does help
• It helped me think clearly about school, exams, etc
• It’s nice to have someone to talk to about school work and problems
• It’s good fun and very useful
• Having someone to encourage me
• They are not teachers so you don’t have to talk to them about just school work
• Being able to have a mentor that understands
• Keeps me on track
• Getting told about different career paths I could choose
• It gives you someone to talk to and gives you the experience of talking to a new person
Mentors reported that it helped them understand young people better, and helped them develop a better understanding of the education system and helped them give something back to the community. They feel that the company benefits by being seen to support the local community and fulfilling Corporate Social Responsibility requirements.
If you want to learn more about Mentoring opportunities, please contact Liz Edwardes via email@example.com
Monday, 2 September 2013
Support Headway and Guildford Shakespeare Company; have taken on two Apprentices.
An apprentice brings; youthful energy, fresh thinking, enthusiasm, social media and IT skills and they are keen to take work on and progress, which provides you with time to concentrate on your company.
Also, supporting charitable organisations within our local community is vital to us in ensuring that the fabric of our community remains robust.
Click here for website.