Tuesday 10 July 2012

There's a World of Opportunities out there!
80 lower 6th students from schools throughout Guildford attended a fantastic Careers Event on Friday, hosted by George Abbott School and organised by Satro in partnership with Guildford Network - designed to open their eyes to the huge range of possiblities out there.
Over 20 volunteers were involved whose jobs ranged from Actor to Patent Attoney, Forensic Scientist to Copywriter - and lots more! A 'What's My Line' session, in which groups of students had to guess the occupation of the volunteers, was followed by a series of short workshops on subjects including Apprenticeships, Sponsored degrees, How to prepare for an interview, Where to search for a job, Entrepeneurship, and Personal Presentation.
Comments from students attending included:
  • 'Its helped me to think past Uni as I never have before'
  • 'I have realised that Uni is not the only option'
  • 'It has made me feel more confident about the options'
  • 'It gave me hope'

No comments:

Post a Comment