Tuesday 8 January 2013

New Year's Resolutions?

A Happy New Year to all SATRO's friends and volunteers - we hope you had a great break and feel refreshed and revitalised (we have lots of events that need your help this term.....!).

If you have been making resolutions about working 'smarter', being more 'productive' or simply maintaining your work life balance in 2013 you might like to take a moment to view a posting on the TED site: We believe that we should work to be happy, but could that be backwards? In this fast-moving and entertaining talk, psychologist Shawn Achor argues that actually happiness inspires productivity the happy secret to better work.

I don't know about you, but I found myself talking to lots of friends over the holidays about how unsatisfying their work was - and when I compared what they described to the atmosphere here at SATRO it was hard to believe they could put up with their situations when they could have something so much more fulfilling! I love the difference that our programmes make to young peoples lives, I love meeting all our fantastic and fascinating volunteers, and I am inspired every time I talk to the young people we work with (even the little ones!).

So if you are finding insufficient happiness in your work why not change things by getting involved in our work - and if you're already involved then spread the word please, there seems to be a lot of people out there who are simply not happy enough!

All the best for 2013, everyone!
Beccy Bowden, CEO

No comments:

Post a Comment