Friday 29 July 2016

I was able to understand how chalk dissolution features are formed and the human factors that augment the features - Binali

The STEM placement students are sending us weekly blogs all about their experience in the world of work! 


Work experience is great and it provides students with many benefits whilst gaining skills and helping choose the right future career path for pupils. Having work experience on a Curriculum Vitae will make a person stand out to employers as they will notice they have motivation and a real passion for work. It will also help to boost a students confidence in themselves!




See how Binali's getting on at CGL! 

Week one -

"My first week at Card Geotechnics Limited has been very enjoyable. I have been able to explore a subject completely different to my A level subjects but relevant to the career I want to pursue which is engineering. 

This week; I was able to understand how chalk dissolution features are formed and the human factors that augment the features by reading research papers provided by my supervisor’s colleague.

 I was able to explore the different types of solutions and the site investigation techniques they use by looking at data from a current project they are working on in Dawes Hill. 

Furthermore, I was able to use the facilities at their library to find relevant textbooks and journals as part as my research. I also watched a documentary that explained all the basics on chalk geology to me and explained the effect of sinkholes.

Next week, I have planned to have a meeting with my supervisor to decide how I will structure my research into a report. I may also be able to go on a site visit and see the impact of the chalk dissolution features in real life."

                                                                                                                                             - Binali

No comments:

Post a Comment