Monday 30 July 2018

Thoran Landers - Summer STEM Work Placement - Weekly Reports

The STEM placement students are sending us weekly blogs all about their experience in the world of work! 


Work experience is great and it provides students with many benefits whilst gaining skills and helping choose the right future career path for pupils. Having work experience on a Curriculum Vitae will make a person stand out to employers as they will notice they have motivation and a real passion for work. It will also help to boost a students confidence in themselves!


See how Thoran is getting on with his STEM placement! 

Week One 

"My first week at the University of Surrey has been an intriguing and eventful one. The first day was structured around introducing the various ideas that I would be using throughout my time and also giving me the chance to get to know everyone on the team. One week in, and I have already started to become familiar with simulation software that used to be completely alien to me, not to mention a better understanding of how transistors work and what they are used for. I look forward to continuing with my project as I know this is only a taste of what is to come!" 

- Thoran Landers

No comments:

Post a Comment