Monday 22 July 2019

André Dale - Summer STEM Work Placement Student - Weekly Reports










The STEM placement students are sending us weekly blogs all about their experience in the world of work! 

Work experience is great and it provides students with many benefits whilst gaining skills and helping choose the right future career path for pupils. Having work experience on a Curriculum Vitae will make a person stand out to employers as they will notice they have motivation and a real passion for work. It will also help to boost a students confidence in themselves! 


                        See how André is getting on with their STEM placement! 

Week One

"This first week has been about orientation, working out how to get from home to the University of Surrey (a three hour round trip if the trains are running on time), meeting my supervisors and learning the core Physics involved in my project, which I will be starting next week. I've also been learning the basics of Silvaco's simulation software and how it might be applied to the project. 

Overall, it's been a challenging, but interesting first week." 


Week Two

"This second week has been more interesting than the previous week. I have started working on the code relating to my project, creating the circuit which I will be simulating using SPICE (a circuit simulation software). There have been several problems and I have been using the Silvaco Atlas User Manual to try and fix the errors in my code. By the end of Friday, the program was working and so next week, I will be carrying out simulations on Pixel Driving Circuits." 

Week Three 

"Contrary to what I said last week, I've still been writing the code for my simulation. The program works fine when I use some of the Silvaco example structures, but since I'm not using these for my project, I have had to create my own structures.

This week, I have built a MOSFET and an SGT in Silvaco DeckBuild and I have been trying to incorporate them into the main simulation program which I made last week. I should be finished with this by the end of Monday next week." 
- André Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment