Wednesday 13 February 2013

CAREERS SPEED DATING AT GORDON'S SCHOOL

120 year 10 students at Gordon’s School in West End Woking got to meet a huge variety of business professionals yesterday during a frenzied 1½ hours of ‘Careers Speed Dating’.

The students were put into small groups and had 5 minutes to quiz their ‘business volunteer’, who was only allowed to answer yes or no thereby requiring the students to try and guess their professions. A further 5 minutes of frantic questioning followed to ascertain what they actually did for a living and how they had got where they were. A horn sounded and another ‘business volunteer’ from a different profession presented themselves for questioning.

It was fast, frenetic and enormous fun with the students commenting afterwards, “I enjoyed meeting all the business people and it has helped me discovoer what I need to do whan I grow up,” and, “I learnt that there are a lot of different jobs in one company, which could mean that you could get into a different, better career which you didn't know was there”. Additionally one of the students commented that, “I learned that there are endless possibilities and this opened my eyes to trying new things.”

No comments:

Post a Comment