Wednesday 2 July 2014

HARD WORKERS @ HEATHSIDE GET DOWN TO BUSINESS

Two SATRO Business Games were held at Heathside School in Weybridge last week. Over the two days, around 400 keen students from Year 10 took part. Participants had to start up a company and discuss their logo, company name and their roles within the business. They were then set the task of making and selling the goods to make a profit. The exciting  day ended with a presentation where the judges choose the winner.
One student commented, 


"The dynamics and roles of how a company functioned surprised me, but also helped me to learn how to work in a team to be successful. Working with different people I normally would not have, helped me to be more confident with my employability skills too."
Another commented, 


 "I was surprised by the freedom and how our choices affected us, we were given the freedom to make our own decisions with little or no guidance to the correct answer/product. I learnt how companies work and function with specific people doing very important and vital roles to make the company successful."
Some very valuable lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment