Tuesday 28 August 2018

Freya Bowden - Summer STEM Work Placement Student - Weekly Reports

The STEM placement students are sending us weekly blogs all about their experience in the world of work! 


Work experience is great and it provides students with many benefits whilst gaining skills and helping choose the right future career path for pupils. Having work experience on a Curriculum Vitae will make a person stand out to employers as they will notice they have motivation and a real passion for work. It will also help to boost a students confidence in themselves!


See how Freya is getting on with her STEM placement! 

Image result for brain injury

Week One 

"During my first week at Headway I spent Monday doing background research and looking through the data the centre had. Tuesday, I spent the day with clients, helping out with their worksheets and watching the session on memory. It was interesting to see how the clients are presented with different problems (symptoms) after their acquired brain injury. 

Wednesday I spent doing further research, reading papers and accumulating data from the survey on mobile phones carried out by the clients who attended Tuesdays session. Thursday again I spent with clients, and Friday I spent beginning my report. It’s been an interesting week, I’ve enjoyed learning more about memory, acquired brain injuries and the clients."

- Freya Bowden

No comments:

Post a Comment