Tuesday 15 August 2017

Vinay Mittal - Summer STEM Work Placement Student - Weekly Reports

The STEM placement students are sending us weekly blogs all about their experience in the world of work! 


Work experience is great and it provides students with many benefits whilst gaining skills and helping choose the right future career path for pupils. Having work experience on a Curriculum Vitae will make a person stand out to employers as they will notice they have motivation and a real passion for work. It will also help to boost a students confidence in themselves!


See how Vinay is getting on with his STEM placement! 



Week One

"I had started my first week of the CREST Gold placement at the Advanced Technology Institute, at Surrey University. I was working on a smart floor project. During the first week, I had many formalities to complete such as making an ID card and getting to know the surrounding places and my colleagues.  I then got myself familiar with the current prototype for the smart floor and the Arduino; this also included having a read of the scientific paper that explained how it worked.  The week also consisted of many discussions with my supervisor on how the system works and our plans for the duration of the placement."

- Vinay Mittal

No comments:

Post a Comment