Tuesday 12 August 2014

SATROCLUB EXTENDED WORK PLACEMENT

Student Thomas Burridge started his placement at the University of Surrey on 14th July, where he would be working for 4 weeks. Here is what he had to say about his experience after 2 weeks..

"I am now 2 weeks into my placement (started on 14th July). I found that the first two days were quite intense because my supervisor (Radu) had to teach me a lot of complicated physics but I now understand most of it and it is becoming easier. Although some of the theory involved in the project is very advanced, I am really enjoying it because I am learning something new and different to what I have learned in college.
My project is based on simulating transistors so I have learned how to use some software to simulate the transistors and it didn't take long to get used to it. We spent three days making transistors in the lab and then testing them, which I thought was very interesting. Overall I have had a great experience so far and I am looking forward to the next 2 weeks of my placement."

We hope you enjoyed the final 2 weeks of your placement Thomas!

No comments:

Post a Comment