Monday 31 July 2017

Jennifer Barclay - Summer STEM Work Placement Student - Weekly Reports

The STEM placement students are sending us weekly blogs all about their experience in the world of work! 


Work experience is great and it provides students with many benefits whilst gaining skills and helping choose the right future career path for pupils. Having work experience on a Curriculum Vitae will make a person stand out to employers as they will notice they have motivation and a real passion for work. It will also help to boost a students confidence in themselves!


See how Jennifer's getting on with her STEM placement! 


Week One

"During the first week, I was given the opportunity to travel to the Network rail headquarters in Milton Keynes where I helped do a data transfer from the server. I thought this was a really good opportunity and I got to see the offices there which were very nice."

Week Two  

"Over the past two weeks, I have been working with the asset management team at Jacob's researching two BIM programs developed by Jacobs; ProjectMapper and TrackRecord. I have been using them both in order to see how well they work. I have also been researching alternative programs that Jacobs could potentially use." 

Week Three

"My third week at Jacobs has also been fascinating. This week, I focused on getting all of the ideas and information that I found out over the past two weeks into one place and writing them up in report form. I also continued researching many alternative programs that Jacobs could use and after a lot of researching, I finally found a few that would meet their needs. I didn't realise how many programs there were on the market that are all so similar. 

As my placement comes to an end next week, I will need to finalise my research and will then present it in front of the asset management team that I have been working with." 

                 - Jennifer Barclay 

No comments:

Post a Comment