Wednesday 21 December 2011

IBM Finance Conference

IBM kindly hosted the 10th ‘Focusing on Finance in Business: A Conference for Sixth Form Students’ at their prestigious Bedfont Lakes Headquarters over two days on 2nd & 5th December 2011. Six prestigious companies including Allianz, Air Products, BAA, IBM, PWC and The Army ran 4 hour long workshops providing real life case studies for the students to get their teeth into. Allianz presented ‘The Risk Factor’, BAA covered Heathrow Welcomes 2012, IBM focused on Issues in Finance whilst Air Products challenged the students to look at ‘Better Decision Making’. All who attended felt this was the best event ever.
This event is run by SATRO in collaboration with colleagues in Hounslow, Hillingdon & Ealing  EBP’s and students from a variety of schools including three Surrey schools were treated as delegates for the day.
Comments from Surrey students include:
“I got to speak to older people who have already gone down my likely career path”
“Today I enjoyed how the team leader in each group was helpful and made me realise more in life for me”
“I learnt new things and ideas and it has widened my knowledge on business finance”
With teachers who attended the days saying:
“BAA brought business alive by getting students to consider the impact of the Olympics on LHR”
“Very interesting interactive activities, I managed to get some ideas for myself”

No comments:

Post a Comment