Monday 19 September 2016

See how our new Manager of STEMX Business Development got on volunteering at a SATRO Business Game!

Keisha has worked on many sites across the UK.She enjoys taking projects from start to finish, and this helps her to see derelict sites turn into new residential/commercial properties which have economic benefits to society. In 2012, Keisha became a Chartered Environmentalist. See how Keisha got on at a SATRO Business Game! 



"I started working for SATRO on 5 September and was thrusted into active duty on 9 September volunteering at the SATRO Business Game at Heathside School. The day involved working with Year 11 students who work in teams to run their own profit-making business for the day. It was a brilliant day with all ten teams keenly taking part in running their businesses. I found the structure of the game gave students an accurate awareness of how businesses are run; from training for employees to dealing with strikes! The feedback from the students on the day was also positive; “I learnt how people in a company have to work together and the various roles they have to take. It helped me to make my future career path clearer to me”.


This wasn’t my first time volunteering at a SATRO event, as it was something I did regularly when I was working as an Environmental Engineer, however it was my first Business Games and my first event representing SATRO and it was a great introduction into the brilliant work done by SATRO. The day was wonderfully finished off by seeing one of my teams winning the overall competition by making the most profit! I’d like to think it was because of my insight, support and knowledge……but I’m sure it was more as a result of their teamwork and commitment to do well!"


No comments:

Post a Comment