Thursday 22 May 2014

BUILDING CONFIDENCE WITH LEGOWEDO

On 21st May, 80 pupils from St Peter's Primary School in Farnham received our newly introduced, innovative programme that is the LEGOWeDo workshop. Pupils worked in pairs to design, engineer and programme robots using LEGO bricks, a computer, a motor and other special elements. Pupils learnt to incorporate tilt and motion sensors into their designs. They then tested their initial designs and programming; after reflecting on what did or did not work, the pupils learnt to consult with peers, adapt their programming, and adjust their designs. 

One pupil said "It has helped me find a fun way to learn how science works! I really liked it."

 While another commented, "It makes me wonder what other things I haven't learnt yet."

 The teachers were just as excited, with one commenting, "Great activities; I am going home to get my own Lego out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment