Friday 24 July 2015

Sara Ahmed - SATROclub Extended Research Placement at Jacobs

Sara Ahmed of Rosebery School has just completed her SATROclub Extended Work Placement at Jacobs, an engineering company. Here she has been focussing on Civil Engineering, and completing a project on Building Information Modelling (BIM). We asked Sara to update us on her progress each week, here's what she had to say!...

Week One

"With the first week of my placement coming to an end, I am happy to say that it’s been such an amazing experience so far! Everybody I've encountered at Jacob’s seems only too happy to help me with any queries and I’m really enjoying the experience in Civil Engineering! My report, which seemed absolutely impossible on the first day, is now coming along nicely. I've even managed to fit in some 3D Modelling."

Week Two

"My second week is going just as well as the first!
In addition to having written the majority of my report, I've attended teleconferences and rail meetings as well as doing my own CAD Modelling on Bentley Microstation. I'm loving the experience and find the day going so fast."

Week Three

"As my last week at Jacobs draws to a close, I find myself feeling quite disappointed that I have to go. I've learned an incredible amount about Civil Engineering and the construction industry and everybody here has been so happy to help with my report!"

We wish Sara the best of luck for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment