Thursday 10 November 2016

Extended work placement student Sharada Joshi - Student Case Study

Name: Sharada Joshi

School: Tiffin girls’ school

Areas of study: Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths.


Future University, I am applying to: I am planning to apply to the following universities: Cambridge, Imperial and Bath.

Career hopes: Chemical Engineering.

Why I applied for the placement: To experience what experience what engineering would be like at university and to learn something new during my summer vacation!

My Project: My project investigated how inorganic and organic solar cells work and the potential advantages and disadvantages of organic solar cell usage in the future. The code which models the structure of an organic solar cell was also analysed and modified to optimise the I-V characteristics produced in order for the code to be used as an example on the Silvaco website.                                                           

How I benefited from the placement: This experience has taught me to prioritise tasks when planning and also to allow more time for unforeseen circumstances when making an initial plan for a project. I have also learnt that it is not always possible to learn all the theory before doing a practical task, as is often the case at school. However, it was an amazing experience to learn about so many new concepts that build upon the foundations laid at school in such a short amount of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment